RESTART GRANTS FOR THE HOSPITALITY SECTOR
Businesses that received a grant under the initial Restart Grant scheme can re-apply to receive additional funding. For first-time applicants under Restart Plus, the minimum grant is €4,000 and the maximum is €25,000.
Information and application forms for the Restart Grant Plus scheme are available on the Kerry Council website at https://business.kerrycoco.ie/restart-grant/ . The Business Support Helpline continues to operate: 1800 807 102
Additional key changes to the Restart Grant Plus Scheme include:
- €300m additional funding in addition to €250m previously committed
- Grant amount has increased substantially. Minimum grant is now €4,000 and maximum is €25,000. Previous grant amounts were €2,000 and €10,000 respectively
- Medium sized companies now eligible Companies with up to 250 employees can now apply (previously the grant was for companies with less than 50 employees)
- Increased eligibility Non-rateable B&Bs, sports clubs with commercial activities and trading charity shops are now eligible
- A business must be commercial and in the local authority rates system (apart from non-rateable B&Bs who can apply to Fáilte Ireland);
- It must have suffered a 25% loss of expected turnover between 1 April and 30 June 2020;
- It must have less than 250 employees and turnover less than €25m;
- It must declare its intention to re-employ staff in receipt of the Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme
Further details about the Restart Grant
- The grant will be based on the amount of the rates assessment for the premises for 2019 (excluding arrears) with a new minimum grant of €4,000 and a maximum grant of €25,000 (Increased from €2,000 min and €10,000 max).
- Eligible firms now include medium-sized firms and independent hotels with up to 250 employees, as well as small firms (increased from 50 employees).
- Businesses impacted by a 25% reduction in turnover will be eligible provided they commit to reopening and to hiring and sustaining employment.
- A turnover of up to €25m is now allowable, increased from €5m. There is a cap of €100,000 turnover per employee.
- Commercial sports businesses and trading charity shops in rated premises can now apply for the grant.
- The hospitality sector, restaurants, pubs, activity centres and tourist attractions, e.g., galleries, museums are also eligible if they are operating from a rated premise.